We are a brand consultancy and creative communications agency that has spent the last 20 years building best-selling retail and lifestyle brands in the UK and across the world.
We have a very simple philosophy to ‘Make Shopping Brilliant’. Our background in retail, fashion, lifestyle and luxury means we understand ever changing trends, how and why people shop as well as the all-important bottom line.
We use that knowledge to create the brands, experience and communications that will make any business a destination.
The Client Services department is an instrumental component in ensuring we create the best imaginable work by seeking, building, maintaining and growing long and meaningful relationships with our clients.
As Business Director, you play a pivotal role in supporting the Client Services Director and Managing Director in defining and implementing best-in-class client services at Portas across multiple accounts.
As the most senior day-to-day agency contact across your client accounts, you are the strategic client lead that builds strong working relationships with clients, understands the challenges they face, their business, marketing and commercial objectives and works with them to create best in class work that answers briefs and exceeds expectations.
The Business Director will report into the Client Services Director and will be accountable for:
- Leading the growth and development of the client services team
- Embodying an entrepreneurial spirit to seek out opportunities for growth and support the Senior management team in converting opportunities.
- Establishing and maintaining an excellent example of Portas best practice client servicing, collaborating with all levels on agency processes to ensure the delivery of work that truly defines our brand purpose.
- Developing existing and new relationships with clients for the Portas portfolio
You report to the Client Services Director and may be responsible for managing a team (Senior Client Director, Client Director, Client Manager and a Client Executive).
- As Business Director it is expected you are the Client Services lead and therefore have a full strategic understanding of client deliverables and take ownership of all deliverables across accounts. Your client team are to consult you on their scope of work to enable you to have the ability to report on status of the account to the Client Services Director and Managing Director at any given time
- Maintenance and development of client relationships to ensure you are the most senior client trusted partner
- Education and development of the Client Services team in conjunction with the Client Services Director.
- Lead and build strong working relationships with third parties such as media agency, PR agency etc to ensure proposals are aligned and delivered to campaign strategy
- It is the Business Directors responsibility to manage multiple projects at any one time across assigned accounts and work to the pace of the agency. As an established integrated Business Director your ability to create and streamline processes will be second to none
- Transition new business accounts efficiently and effectively into the agency. Build knowledge on new client, read through strategy and pitch documents, ask questions. Use transition bible provided by Client Services Director to set up the account across all processes from brief through to measurement and reporting
- Responsible for relentlessly looking for increased revenue opportunities on your accounts and proactively driving these internally and presenting them to the client
- Input, own and understand agency financial projections; meet objectives by forecasting requirements, creating action plans and CPA’s to ensure we meet identified projects and maximise every opportunity
- Responsible for the ownership of profitability across all accounts and reporting back to the senior management team.
- Putting together of all project and scope of work in order to get client agreement, ensuring projects are run profitably, on time and to budget
- Responsible for leading timely yearly retainer negotiations, creating CPAs, collating costs and developing cost walk rationale to ensure we reach desired outcome before the start of the client financial year.
- Be a strategic partner to strategy on the business
- Be responsible for thinking outside the box and bringing insightful and relevant info to the development
- Attend all research where possible and ensure you are present at all debriefs
- Be an integral part of the development of the strategic and creative output – attending all key meetings and ensuring all follow up required is done by you or your team
- Lead the presentation of work
- Check creative output for alignment to client’s business objectives and ensure this is key in the presentation of that work
- Ensure your team has organised energising and exciting creative briefings in order to help the creative process
- Always ensuring your briefs and team are thinking in an integrated way
- Responsible for managing and developing those team members who work into you
- Encourage regular catch ups with client team members and ensure all deliverables (internally and externally) are met in an efficient and timely way whilst creating the ‘Best Work Imaginable’
- Ensure you are consulted on all areas across the account
- Develop relationships based on trust and support with the Senior Management team in leading the assigned account to the desired levels of success. Instigate regular forum with Client Services Director to discuss key issues, successes, questions and developments on client accounts.
- Our ambition within the Client Services team is to be seen as the clients trusted strategic lead. We encourage all individuals to develop their curiosity.
- As Business Director encourage your team and yourself to continually build your retail knowledge, conduct retail safari’s, read the trade and business press to add value to our clients and become their trusted partners
- You will be passionate about retail and experienced in delivering projects across the customer ecosystem including but not limited to customer experience
- Interest free season ticket or personal loans
- Summer hours - 4pm leave on Fridays during summer months (Jun to Aug)
- Training - external and regular internal inspiration sessions / speakers
- Ride 2 work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free fruit
- Free beer/wine fridge
- Various socials & parties throughout the year
- Free museum passes - Tate, Southbank, Design Museum, Barbican
- Free monthly tickets to events
- A recruitment bonus if you successfully put someone forward for a role at the agency
We also have free yoga classes at the studio and initiatives for the team to continue to be inspired.
Industry "field trips" and our internal knowledge sharing space "School of Portas" are also a part of our expanding offering.