We are a brand consultancy and creative agency that has spent the last 20 years building best-selling retail and lifestyle brands in the UK and across the world.
We have a very simple philosophy. Deliver work that’s clever, creative and commercial. Our background in retail means we understand ever changing trends, how and why people buy as well as the all-important bottom line. We use that knowledge to create the brands, experiences and communications that will make any business a destination.
Are you a Copywriter looking to expand your experience working across a diverse range of clients in a forward-thinking agency?
Join the team at Portas to help drive copy-lead innovation and create award-winning work!
Day to day you will:
- Play an essential role in the creative ideation process
- Work to briefs alongside art directors in the wider creative team, working on concepts and copy for print, film and digital platforms
- Demonstrate continuous creativity, imagination and inspiration throughout the creative process
- Effectively articulate and defend creative concepts and copywriting choices
- Promote improvements in our creative processes and champion our culture of innovation, and clever, creative and commercial thinking
- Ensure consistent creative quality that pushes the limits and challenges client thinking whilst still focusing on growing brands
- Proven copywriting experience across fashion and lifestyle brands
- The ability to write compelling beautifully constructed copy for a variety of clients and audiences and for a variety of media
- Exemplary written English, spelling and grammar
- Consistency, accuracy and creative flair in executions of briefs and the ability to respond positively to feedback from clients to meet their expectations
- General knowledge of creative disciplines and developing knowledge of new media
- Passion, fearlessness, proactivity and an approach that inspires those around you
We want your application to demonstrate your creative copywriting flair, therefore we will only consider those who include a portfolio.
- More than your fill of fruit, tea and coffee and plenty of other edible and drinkable perks
- Broaden your mind using our museum passes – Tate, Southbank, Design Museum, Barbican etc. Want more? Just ask to explore more events and exhibitions monthly
- Expand your industry knowledge on retail and fashion field trips
- Get inspired by regular speakers and training sessions
- Keep the body and mind active with HIIT and yoga classes at the studio
- Make the most of summer weekends leaving at 4pm every Friday of June, July and August
- Keep it social with parties throughout the year and beer and wine fridge Fridays
- Kids? Take advantage of childcare vouchers
- Learn to love your commute with our cycle to work scheme
- Or stick with the train with an interest free season ticket
- Access personal loans - we trust you need it!
If you're looking for a new agency role where you can collaborate with an ambitious integrated team, please do not hesitate to apply.